Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) pizza crust mix
- 1 teaspoon cornmeal
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- Prepare pizza dough according to package directions. Coat a 12-in. pizza pan with cooking spray; sprinkle with cornmeal. With floured hands, press dough onto pan. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Combine salsa and sour cream; spread over crust to within 1 in. of edges. Top with beef mixture, tomatoes, olives and cheese. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with crushed chips; bake 5-6 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 339 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 560mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 24, 2011
This was a good twist on Mexican food. I didn't use all of the sour cream/salsa mixture because it was kind of runny and seemed to make the crust a tad soggy. We only used 1/2 to 2/3 of it. Maybe a chunky salsa would remedy that? Otherwise, we thought it was good.