Nacho Potato Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes6-8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 package (5-1/4 ounces) au gratin potatoes
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups cubed process American cheese (Velveeta)
- Dash hot pepper sauce, optional
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, combine the contents of potato package, corn, tomatoes and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add the milk, cheese and hot pepper sauce if desired; cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 234 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 980mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Oct 28, 2019
I've been making this for years and it's a family favorite. Quick to come together and full of flavor. Serve it with some jalapeno or broccoli cornbread! It's a keeper!
Sep 29, 2016
I've made this many times. Love it! I've even added cooked shrimp. Very yummy and filling!
Nov 9, 2015
I really like this, my family says it's alright. I top it with sour cream so it isn't too spicy for the kids.
Feb 8, 2015
I made this years ago, it's super easy (always a winner in my book) and I'm still making it, tastes great and people are always really surprised by the fact it starts with boxed potatoes. Great quick soup! Loaf of Italian bread and salad and you are good to go.
Nov 17, 2012
This is one of our favorites!
Oct 25, 2012
YUMMY - this was so easy and so good. Made this for a party at work and will be making again tomorrow for home. Love it.
Jul 12, 2012
This is an easy and quick soup that I will definitely make again. I used a can of diced tomatoes and a can of diced green chiles because that is what I had on hand. Also added a little cumin and chili powder for extra flavor. Thank you, Sherry, for the great recipe!
Mar 16, 2012
This has been a family favorite since it was first published over a decade ago. I always have the ingredients on hand and it goes from kettle to table in under 30 minutes. I'd give it ten stars if I could!
Jan 12, 2012
I've made this recipe since it first came out in the magazine and it has become a family favorite. My daughter even asks for it for her birthday dinner. So good and so easy!
Dec 30, 2011
We love this soup and it is easy to make. We usually add ham or sausage. This is excellent in a slow cooker.