Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup water, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 7 ounces tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado with lemon juice. Stir in the onion, tomato, salt and pepper; set aside. Mash beans with 1/3 cup of water; place in skillet and cook over medium heat until hot. Stir in oil; remove from the heat and set aside.
- In another skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in chili powder and remaining water; cook until liquid evaporates.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Arrange chips in a single layer. Top with teaspoonfuls of bean and meat mixtures. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° until cheese is melted, about 4 minutes. Serve with avocado mixture and sour cream. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 451 calories, 28g fat (13g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 458mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 17g protein.
Dec 16, 2013
Loma Linda's in Toledo . . . Doesn't get any better than this!!
Jan 26, 2013
We always have to order the super nachos at Loma Linda's. it wouldn't be the same without starting our meal with these!
Apr 29, 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.