Beef Nachos Supreme
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese, salsa and sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, soup and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Spoon onto two serving plates. Top with lettuce, cheese, salsa and/or sour cream if desired. Serve with chips.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without optional toppings and chips): 389 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 579mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Nov 29, 2011
Tastes too much like tomato soup. The taco seasoning "got lost" in the tomato. This recipe is okay if you want easy & few ingredients, but the flavor is lacking. It needs more than just "more taco seasoning" to punch it up a bit.
Aug 13, 2011
This was really good. Super easy and quick. A great weekend meal. My whole family loved this and thought it was better than the "mexican" fast food version.
Jul 21, 2011
Super easy, super quick, the whole family loved it.
Jul 20, 2011
This is a fast amazing meal for the kids on a week day!
Jan 22, 2011
Excellent idea for a change from the regular nacho ideas.
Nov 9, 2010
This was really good, super quick & easy to make. I'll actually use this recipe for my regular tacos as well.
Mar 16, 2010
This was very very good. I did not have any instant rice so I used a 90 second bag of rice which I cooked in the microwave first and then added it and let stand for five minutes
Mar 2, 2010
This was super easy and very good.
May 2, 2009
Easy to make, very good.