Mini Mediterranean Pizza
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 5 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 whole wheat pita breads (6 inches), cut in half horizontally
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach, thinly sliced
- 12 Greek pitted olives, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet; cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, 5-6 minutes; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and rosemary; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened, 6-9 minutes.
- Place pita halves, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Top with meat mixture, tomato, spinach and olives. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake at 400° until cheeses are melted, 4-6 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 pizza: 287 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 783mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 12, 2019
When i saw the picture i had to have this, it is easy to make and the flavors are outstanding. Love this and a great summetime dinner, or lunch.
Sep 27, 2012
Love this, easy, quick and great taste
Sep 18, 2012
I can't believe no one else has tried this! It's a healthy contest winner, and worthy of the honor. It was easy to make and it got thumbs up from everyone and I have two picky children. The only change I will make is to use black olives next time, as my kids prefer them. I served this with "easy Caesar salad", and will definitely add this to my list of keepers.