Mini Mediterranean Pizza
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 5 min.
- 8 ounces lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 whole wheat pita breads (6 inches), cut in half horizontally
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach, thinly sliced
- 12 Greek pitted olives, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and rosemary; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-9 minutes or until thickened.
- Place pita halves, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Top with meat mixture, tomato, spinach and olives. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake at 400° for 4-6 minutes or until cheeses are melted.
Nutrition Facts1 pizza: 287 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 783mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Sep 27, 2012
Love this, easy, quick and great taste
Sep 18, 2012
I can't believe no one else has tried this! It's a healthy contest winner, and worthy of the honor. It was easy to make and it got thumbs up from everyone and I have two picky children. The only change I will make is to use black olives next time, as my kids prefer them. I served this with "easy Caesar salad", and will definitely add this to my list of keepers.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.