Italian Style Pizzas
With prepared pesto and pizza crusts, these tasty pizzas come together in a flash. I like to complete this satisfying meal with a salad and fresh fruit. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 prebaked mini pizza crusts
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 2/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place crusts on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with pesto. Layer with mozzarella cheese, onion, mushrooms and peppers; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1/2 pizza: 429 calories, 23g fat (7g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 820mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Genoa Style Pizza in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.