Mini Zucchini Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (6 slices each)
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons molasses
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and baking soda. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, zucchini, sugar, oil, molasses and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in nuts.
- Transfer to two greased and floured 5x3-3/4x2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 38-42 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 239 calories, 14g fat (1g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 171mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 28, 2014
This has a very good flavor. I like that it only made two small loaves since it is now just two of us. I left out the nuts since I would rather not have them in my bread. Will continue to use this recipe when I have too much zucchini.
Aug 10, 2012
I have made these mini breads ever since I found the recipe in my yearly cookbook. I make about 20 every Christmas to be shipped to friends and family, they rave about them and can't wait for the next year to roll around. I make them every November for the Election Day Bake Sale held in my apt building and they sell out quickly. I get coments about the taste and people make a game out of guessing what's in them that makes them dark and I'm not telling because I have the market cornered at the sale for Zucchini Bread. I sometimes add pecans or walnuts and even dark chocolate chips to them and they come out great every time. I'm very thankful to the person who shared the recipe with Taste of Home.
Aug 28, 2011
I haven"t made this recipe yet...what are the baking instructions for "mini" loaves? The one's you have here are regular loaf pans.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.