Mexican Salsa Pizza
“This recipe gets rave reviews” exclaims Carla McMahon of Hermiston, Oregon. It’s great as is, but you can kick up the heat with spicy salsa and pepper jack cheese. 8
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Place crust on an ungreased baking sheet or pizza pan. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup cheese, salsa and cilantro. Spread over crust to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 64 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Mexican Salsa Bread in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008