Corn Tortilla Pizzas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 32 corn or flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 8 cups (2 pounds) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef, onion and green pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a bowl, combine tomato paste and water until blended; add salsa. Stir into meat mixture. Stir in the corn, tomatoes, olives and seasonings.
- Place tortillas on ungreased baking sheets. Spread each with 1/4 cup meat mixture to within 1/2 in. of edge and sprinkle with 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 369 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 727mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 27, 2012
I really liked this recipe. It's different than most of the Mexican dishes I make. My husband however didn't like the pizza flavor mixed with the Mexican flavor. I guess I'll just have to fix it when he isn't going to be eating it.