Fresh Tomato Mexican Salsa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with chips.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 11 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Aug 16, 2016
This is really authentic tasting, easy and delicious!
May 3, 2013
So easy and absolutely delicious!!
May 19, 2012
I used a jalapeno pepper, which is enough heat for me! This is a quick and tasty recipe you can whip up in minutes. Highly recommend, especially with fresh tomatoes and cilantro.
May 30, 2009
Aug 11, 2008
This stuff is great! Very authentic!