Fresh Tomato Mexican Salsa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with chips.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 11 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Aug 16, 2016
This is really authentic tasting, easy and delicious!
May 3, 2013
So easy and absolutely delicious!!
May 19, 2012
I used a jalapeno pepper, which is enough heat for me! This is a quick and tasty recipe you can whip up in minutes. Highly recommend, especially with fresh tomatoes and cilantro.
May 30, 2009
Aug 11, 2008
This stuff is great! Very authentic!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.