Fresh Summer Salsa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
- In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Chill until serving. Serve with tortilla chips.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 56 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 56mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Jun 27, 2013
excellent salsa. Easy to stir up. Can be adapted easily for each families taste.While I like mango, my daughter doesn't, so when she is around, I leave it out.
Jun 14, 2012
FANTASTIC recipe! I don't like avocados or black beans, and I still LOVE this! I took it to a party and the other guests loved it, and I'm planning on making it for company again tonight. Delicious! And I wouldn't change a thing about it.
Mar 26, 2011
I have made this recipe at multiple gatherings and have many requests for the recipe
Sep 6, 2010
I made this salsa for the Labor Day weekend and everyone loved it! Only changes were that I used the whole can of black beans and replaced the jalapeno pepper with an Anaheim pepper. Delicious and different recipe that is great with tortilla chips but also worked well as an addition to wraps.
Jul 14, 2010
Wonderful - my whole family voted it #1 salsa of the year!
Jun 27, 2010
Made this for a bridal shower and everyone raved about it, didn't last long. I didn't use the jalapeno pepper and only used 1/4 cup of cilantro that was plenty.