Quick Watermelon Salsa
On hot days, this sweet salsa with watermelon, pineapple and fresh cilantro is sure to satisfy. —Betsy Hanson, Tiverton, Rhode Island
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 23 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Watermelon Salsa in Light & Tasty June/July 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.