Quick Watermelon Salsa
On hot days, this sweet combo of watermelon, pineapple and fresh cilantro has everything you want. The flavors blend beautifully, it’s pretty, and it comes together in no time. —Betsy Hanson, Tiverton, Rhode Island
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 23 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Watermelon Salsa in Light & Tasty June/July 2006
Mar 8, 2019
No adjustments this dip is great for summer time. People who don't eat watermelon loved this dip. Most requested recipe for barbecues.
Apr 16, 2008
It was wonderful, everyone wants the recipe.