Zippy Watermelon Salsa
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 3/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Drain if necessary before serving. Serve with chips.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 24 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 111mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 16, 2016
Delicious! I loved this served with lime tortilla chips.
Aug 8, 2011
I love how easy this was to throw together and I got several requests for the recipe, which I take as a good sign. :)
Aug 4, 2011
This is a wonderful recipe. It's so tasty and refreshing!