Spicy Watermelon Salsa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes15 servings (1/3 cup each)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups seeded chopped watermelon
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add remaining ingredients; toss to combine. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. If necessary, drain before serving.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 32 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Jun 12, 2017
I made this salsa and it was delicious! Used the equivalent of cilantro and basil (dried) for the fresh herbs and 1/2 red onion, finely chopped, as I did not have a small red onion. delowenstein
Aug 19, 2016
Yum! Gets pretty juicy as time goes on so eat it up fast!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.