Contest-Winning Tomato Corn Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh corn (about 9 ears of corn)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a large skillet, saute corn in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in mustard. Add to vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 140 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 410mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Aug 19, 2019
"EXCELLENT"!!! "SUMMER FAVORITE WITH FRESH SALMON"??????
Sep 26, 2017
I don't know why I haven't reviewed this recipe yet. I've made this many times and it's always a big hit! I usually use red wine vinegar rather than the balsamic.
Aug 26, 2015
This was excellent. I used fresh pick corn and took it off the cob. Very/ fresh and flavorful!! A winner at my dinner table. The left overs I extended the next day with more tomatoes and orange peppers with a tad of jalapeno. Excellent!!!
Jun 27, 2015
I thought this was just average. The flavor is different and fresh tasting, just a little too intense.
Jul 20, 2013
I just made this without the red onion and cilantro, since I didn't have any. Very good summer flavor, refreshing. If you are diabetic and can't eat this, I don't understand why you would give this recipe a bad rating. I can no longer eat shrimp because I'm allergic, but I don't post bad ratings on recipes that feature shrimp.
Sep 7, 2012
Fabulous salad! Delicious warm or cold. I'm not a fan of cilantro so I substituted fresh parsley. I made this with the last fresh corn of the season ... didn't need 9 ears, I got over 5 cups using 6 ears, depends on the size of the ears I'm sure. So good with fresh vegetables and herbs from the farmstand and/or garden.
Feb 13, 2011
This was AWFUL
Aug 7, 2010
I don't have access to fresh herbs unless I buy them at the store, do you think it would taste just as good using the spiced herbs? Really want to try this...sounds very light and refreshing. Thanks
Jul 27, 2010
great way to showcase summer produce! It made a perfect side to grilled chicken.
Jul 18, 2010
full of flavor