Farmer’s Market Corn Salad
I love fresh corn on the cob, especially grilled, so I am always looking for innovative ways to serve it. This recipe takes the corn right off the cob and combines it with fresh basil. —Haras Cindie, Jupiter, Florida
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 6 medium ears sweet corn
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/2 cup julienned radishes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Brush corn with butter. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned, turning and basting occasionally.
- Cut corn from cobs; transfer to a large bowl. Add vegetables and basil. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat.
Originally published as Fire Roasted Farmers Market Corn Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2012
Jun 16, 2019
This sounds scrumptious!
Jun 4, 2019
This is a tasty salad but it needs more dressing. I double the dressing amount.
May 29, 2018
Another picnic recipe that everyone liked. I actually substituted celery for the edamame.