Corn Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced pimientos
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the picante sauce, oil, lemon juice, garlic, sugar and salt; shake well.
- Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 133 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 301mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
May 27, 2019
Was looking for a non-mayo based pasta salad and tried this one. Loved the flavors! Used yellow and orange bell pepper (hubby doesn't like green) but that was the only change I made. Might make extra dressing next time, as the pasta really soaked it up. Might also add a little fresh cilantro.
May 31, 2016
Unfortunately since the pepper was raw, all we could taste was the pepper. It drowned out all the other flavors