Corn Pasta Salad
After tasting this cool salad at a family reunion, I immediately asked for the recipe. It has tricolor pasta, sweet corn, juicy tomatoes and crunchy peppers to make it pretty and tasty. —Bernice Morris, Marshfield, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced pimientos
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the picante sauce, oil, lemon juice, garlic, sugar and salt; shake well.
- Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 133 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 301mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Corn Pasta Salad in Quick Cooking January/February 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.