Corn and Shrimp Salad
"This is one of the ways our family celebrates corn," writes Ruth Randolph of Orefield, Pennsylvania.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/3 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a bowl, toss the shrimp, corn, red pepper and onions. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, basil, lemon juice, sugar, salt and cayenne. Pour over shrimp mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 300 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 172mg cholesterol, 471mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Corn and Shrimp Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2005