Sweet Corn-Tomato Salad
I always make this for family events and parties. It reminds me of all the fun barbecues and picnics over the years. Fresh corn and basil make a huge difference in this recipe. —Jessica Kleinbaum, Plant City, Florida
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 8 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place corn in a large stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook, covered, until crisp-tender, 6-8 minutes; drain. Cool slightly. Cut corn from cobs and place in a large bowl. Stir in red pepper, tomatoes and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until blended. Pour over corn mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 192 calories, 12g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 407mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Thai Basil Corn Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.