Taco Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup Catalina salad dressing
- Tortilla chips
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning; cool.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stir into meat mixture. Add the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, onion, green pepper and dressing; toss to coat. Serve with tortilla chips.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 624 calories, 30g fat (12g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 1454mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein.
Aug 6, 2019
We had this delicious recipe tonight and it was an instant winner. So quick, easy, and yummy. We cleaned our plates. I made no changes to the recipe. Volunteer Field Editor
Mar 31, 2017
Good one very tasty and good
Mar 31, 2017
This is a test comment v
Sep 5, 2015
I made this & didn't care 4 it. didn't like the tomatoes & the Dressing in it. I'll make it again by taking the tomatoes out & change the Dressing to Dorothy Lynch & adding the Nacho Doritos & adding red kidney beans.
Jul 31, 2015
Recipe doesn't mention water, but you need to prepare the meat per the taco seasoning packet with water. My 6 year old daughter who is just starting to eat salads really liked it. I may try a different dressing next time.
Jul 10, 2015
Overall very good & easy to make. I substituted penne pasta for the spirals as that's what I had on hand.
Jun 30, 2014
Fantastic salad for the hot Summer days or Mexican themed get togethers! Since have dietary restrictions, used ground Turkey, omitted the cheese, chips and used light Thousand Island dressing. Did not have spiral pasta, so used Rigatoni! This is a keeper in my recipes. Thank you so much for sharing!
Jul 29, 2013
I used Spicy Ranch instead of the Catalina dressing. I cannot stand for meat to have a sweet flavor.
Mar 31, 2013
This is delicious! I made two minor changes and used red onions instead of regular and nacho Doritos in place of plain tortilla chips.
Jun 30, 2012
Loved it! Didn't think the dressing was too sweet at all.