Summer Melon Salsa
From Beaver Dam, Wisconsin, Sue Gronholz notes, "I've been experimenting with lots of different fruit salsa recipes, and this one is so good." The refreshing blend of melons is complemented by a slight jalapeno kick. TIP: "We like it with lime-flavored tortilla chips, but it's also delicious over grilled chicken," adds Sue.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup each cubed cantaloupe, honeydew and seedless watermelon
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, combine the melon, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, pepper and salt. Serve with chips. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 15 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Summer Melon Salsa in Quick Cooking July/August 2005
Jun 10, 2016
This is a nice, refreshing salsa. You could even use it over grilled chicken or salmon.
Sep 5, 2011
Awesome, easy to make, refreshing in the summertime, doubled the recipe. Big hit, lots of compliments.