Summer Melon Salsa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup each cubed cantaloupe, honeydew and seedless watermelon
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, combine the melon, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, pepper and salt. Serve with chips. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 15 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Jun 10, 2016
This is a nice, refreshing salsa. You could even use it over grilled chicken or salmon.
Sep 5, 2011
Awesome, easy to make, refreshing in the summertime, doubled the recipe. Big hit, lots of compliments.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.