Garden Veg Salsa
We love this salsa made mostly with fresh garden vegetables. It’s healthy, and you can easily adjust the ingredients to suit your own tastes. —Dawn Gilson, Denmark, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min.
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 medium sweet yellow or red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients; toss to combine. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Serve with chips.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Originally published as Garden Salsa in Taste of Home August/September 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.