This homemade salsa is easy because it's made with canned tomatoes. Simply combine them with the seasonings for a spicy salsa that's good with tortilla chips. You can also use it with any recipe that calls for prepared salsa.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
Makes3 cups (12 servings)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with onion, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Tortilla chips
- Combine the first eight ingredients in a large bowl. Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 18 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 323mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Pantry Salsa in Quick Cooking January/February 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.