The variety of tomatoes, onions and peppers makes this chunky salsa so good. Whenever I try to take a batch to a get-together, it's hard to keep my family from finishing it off first! It's a super snack with tortilla chips or as a relish with meat. —Connie Siese, Wayne, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes56 servings (14 cups)
- 7 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 7 medium red tomatoes, chopped
- 3 medium yellow tomatoes, chopped
- 3 medium orange tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup each chopped green, sweet red, orange and yellow pepper
- 3 pepperoncini, chopped
- 1/3 cup mild pickled pepper rings, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon dried chervil
- Tortilla chips
- In a colander, combine the tomatoes and salt. Let drain for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the lime juice, oil, onions, peppers, parsley, cilantro and chervil. Serve with tortilla chips. Refrigerate leftovers for up to 1 week.
Test Kitchen tip