Lime Cucumber Salsa
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts3 tablespoons: 25 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fat.
Apr 28, 2014
Nice, refreshing flavors. Very easy to make, too. Thanks!
Jun 24, 2011
Excellent recipe. I used as an appetizer with tortilla chips and jalapeno cheddar crackers. Quick to make, light, simple, and delicious! It was very refreshing on a hot summer day.