Lime Cucumber Salsa
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts3 tablespoons: 25 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 26, 2018
I wonder if this recipe can be canned?
Apr 24, 2018
Made this recipe so many times. Really good in the summer may add avocado in it next time for creaminess.
Apr 28, 2014
Nice, refreshing flavors. Very easy to make, too. Thanks!
Jun 24, 2011
Excellent recipe. I used as an appetizer with tortilla chips and jalapeno cheddar crackers. Quick to make, light, simple, and delicious! It was very refreshing on a hot summer day.