Key West Flank Steak
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min. + standing
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Key lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 Key limes, halved
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine onion, cilantro, vinegar, lime juice and 2 tablespoons oil until blended. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large bowl or shallow dish. Add lime halves. Rub steak with remaining oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add to bowl; turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain steak, discarding marinade and limes in bowl. Place reserved marinade in a food processor; process until chopped.
- Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°), 6-8 minutes per side. Baste occasionally with reserved marinade. Let stand 10 minutes before thinly slicing steak across the grain.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked steak: 271 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 431mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Aug 2, 2019
Great flavor combinations in this recipe! I will definitely make this again!
Jul 27, 2019
Jul 27, 2019
Jun 1, 2019
Amazing lime flavor. The key limes really add a great flavor, something a regular lime won't.