Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef flank steaks (1 pound each)
- In a small bowl, mix the first seven ingredients; spread over both sides of steaks. Place in a large resealable plastic bag; refrigerate 6 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Grill steaks, covered, on a greased grill rack over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Let steaks stand 5 minutes. Thinly slice across the grain.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked beef: 187 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 259mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Jun 24, 2011
I thought this was a fantastic recipe, although whenever I make it I make sure to double the marinade.
Mar 29, 2009
The meat was so tender and the marinade gave it a great flavor, without being too spicy. Just the right amount of heat.
Mar 26, 2009
These are DELICIOUS!