Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef flank steaks (1 pound each)
- In a small bowl, mix the first seven ingredients; spread over both sides of steaks. Place in a large resealable plastic bag; refrigerate 6 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Grill steaks, covered, on a greased grill rack over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Let steaks stand 5 minutes. Thinly slice across the grain.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked beef: 187 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 259mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Jun 24, 2011
I thought this was a fantastic recipe, although whenever I make it I make sure to double the marinade.
Mar 29, 2009
The meat was so tender and the marinade gave it a great flavor, without being too spicy. Just the right amount of heat.
Mar 26, 2009
These are DELICIOUS!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.