Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 package (16 ounces) tortilla chips
- Optional toppings: sour cream, sliced fresh jalapenos, shredded lettuce and lime wedges
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in tomatoes, corn, rice, water, taco seasoning and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 8-10 minutes until rice is tender and mixture is slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Divide tortilla chips among six plates; spoon beef mixture over chips. Serve with toppings as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without optional toppings): 676 calories, 31g fat (10g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1293mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein.
Jan 30, 2018
I added cup of black beans and ate it like a taco salad. Loved it!!!
Feb 18, 2016
To cut back on the sodium, I omitted the salt and used my own taco seasoning mix which is sodium-free. You could also use the unsalted variety of tortilla chips to cut back even more. Husband approved, we will having this again for sure.
Jul 17, 2015
Nachos are my favorite appetizer so I love when I can make them for dinner. This recipe was delicious! The whole family enjoyed it and it was so easy for me to put together.
May 14, 2015
Made this last night, and we really liked it! Very fast and easy.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.