Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crushed baked tortilla chip scoops
- 1/4 cup chopped avocado
- Iceberg lettuce wedges and sour cream, optional
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add turkey, onion and green pepper and cook until vegetables are tender and turkey is no longer pink.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, macaroni, water and picante sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until macaroni is tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Divide between two plates; top with cheese, tortilla chips and avocado. Serve with lettuce and sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 337 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 861mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 19g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 31, 2013
The recipe as written was a little bland for me. I added some salt, cumin and chili powder. Pretty good weeknight recipe.
Oct 29, 2012
We made this recipe for 8 servings, so I added a packet of taco seasoning to this recipe, and it was delicious! It even tasted better the next day as leftover!
May 30, 2012
This was an absolutely amazing dish! I was hesitant to make it because of the macaroni noodles, but they compliment the dish well. This is a welcomed healthy version of tacos. My roommate and I loved it and I will definitely make it again!
Aug 11, 2011
It was edible but seems to be missing something although I it didnt seem bland. I think it was that the pasta just didnt taste right with the other ingredients. My husband and I ate it.
Jul 2, 2011
I doubled the recipe. I thought this was good...nothing special. Was surprised when my husband said he really liked it. Was even more surprised when my 2 year old, who we have trouble getting to eat supper, almost cleaned his plate! I had the leftovers the next day for lunch and it was so much better the next day!