I love tacos. I love tacos. I love tacos. I love tacos. I love tacos. I love tacos. I love tacos. I love tacos. I love tacos. I love tacos. I love tacos. I love tacos. SERIOUSLY. I LOVE TACOS!!!!!! —Jami Geittmann, Taste of Home Senior Art Director
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 taco shells
- Shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, sliced red onion, sliced jalapeno pepper and additional shredded cheddar, optional
- SWEET-AND-SOUR DRESSING:
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the next 11 ingredients to meat mixture. Simmer, uncovered, until liquid is almost completely reduced, stirring occasionally, 10-15 minutes.
- Place taco shells open end up in a 13x9-in. baking dish; place a scoop of meat mixture into each shell; top with cheese. Bake at 400° until meat is hot and cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients; drizzle over tacos and serve with desired toppings.