Taco Baked Potatoes
Stuffed with your favorite fixin's, this taco baked potato recipe is an easy meal in one. Make it vegetarian by using smashed black beans instead of ground beef. —Anne Ormond, Dover, New Hampshire
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- Olive oil, optional
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- TOPPINGS: salsa, sour cream, cotija cheese, cubed avocado and chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 400°. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. If desired, rub with oil. Bake until tender, 50-75 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened, 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- With a sharp knife, cut an "X" in each potato. Fluff pulp with a fork; season with salt and pepper. Spoon beef mixture over top. Serve with toppings.