Corned Beef Baked Potatoes
Corned beef and potatoes make a good team! This yummy dish is an easy way to use up any leftover corned beef, or you can buy a small amount at a deli. You can even make these ahead, or make extra to freeze for later. —Kallee Krong-McCreery, Escondido, California
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped cooked corned beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard, optional
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions or minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Bake until tender, 50-75 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until softened, 10-15 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook until deep golden brown, 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in corned beef, salt, pepper and mustard, if desired; heat through. With a sharp knife, cut an "X" in each potato. Fluff pulp with a fork; season with salt and pepper. Spoon corned beef mixture over top. Top with cheese, dressing, and green onions.