Steakhouse Baked Potatoes
On weekends, we often have salad, steak and a baked potato. This twist on that classic steakhouse dinner combines all three into one easy dish. —Debbie Glasscock, Conway, Arkansas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing Bake: 1-1/4 hours.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 boneless beef ribeye steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- TOPPINGS: fresh arugula, blue cheese salad dressing, sour cream and crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Bake until tender, 50-75 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add steaks; cook until meat reaches desired doneness, 5-8 minutes on each side (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand 10 minutes; cut into bite size pieces. Transfer to a large bowl. Drizzle with butter; toss to coat.
- With a sharp knife, cut an "X" in each potato. Fluff pulp with a fork; season with salt and pepper. Divide steak evenly over potatoes. Top with arugula, salad dressing, sour cream and blue cheese.
steak and baked potato MSV:1000