Pepperoni Pizza Baked Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium russet potatoes (about 8 oz. each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/3 cup mini sliced turkey pepperoni
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- Fresh oregano leaves or dried oregano, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Scrub potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Pierce several times with a fork. Microwave, uncovered, on high until tender, 12-15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms, pepper and onion until tender, 6-8 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in pizza sauce and pepperoni; heat through.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet; cut an "X" in the top of each. Fluff pulp with a fork. Top with vegetable mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, 5-7 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with oregano.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 baked potato with toppings: 311 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 515mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 29, 2019
In the baked potatoes can not add mushrooms,green pepper,onion,garlic?
Mar 21, 2018
Husband usually does not like baked potatoes but he liked these. I subbed diced ham instead of pepperoni because I didn’t have any pepperoni. I got home late one evening and threw the potatoes in the IP. While the potatoes were steaming, I warmed up the pizza sauce. I did add mushrooms, green peppers , garlic and onions to the sauce. Quick meal.