We grow potatoes and found this recipe is a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. This dish is a favorite among our family and friends.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with milk)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 3 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl, combine potatoes, egg, Parmesan cheese, butter and salt. Press onto bottom and up the sides of a greased 10-in. pie plate. Spread pizza sauce over potato mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with pepperoni and mushrooms. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Editor's Note: An 11x7x2-in. baking dish can be used instead of the pie plate.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 293 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 1518mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Nov 13, 2016
Not to my taste. Mashed potatoes did not make a good crust - it tasted like mashed potatoes with pizza toppings. I will not make it again. I even tried pre-baking the 'crust' so it would have a chance to dry out a little bit.