Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 ounces sliced pepperoni (about 25 slices), quartered
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in seasonings.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer the potatoes, red pepper and corn. Top with the sauce, cheese and pepperoni. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 127 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 304mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 30, 2015
I wasn't sure about this recipe at first but I gave it a try anyways. I made it exactly as instructed and everyone loved them! Even the little 2 year old and my very fussy-eater husband. Thanks so much for this different recipe that is sure to become a family favorite!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.