Pepperoni Pasta Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3 cups uncooked wagon wheel or spiral pasta
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, quartered
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl. Add mushrooms, pepperoni, green pepper and onion. Stir in spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, tomato paste and cheddar cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake 50 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 494 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 1155mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 5g fiber), 23g protein.
Jun 6, 2016
So delicious! My grandkids loved it as well! I will definitely be making this again.
Oct 28, 2014
Delicious !!!!!!!!Enjoyed preparing it.... :)
Aug 3, 2014
I made this the other night for dinner. My husband really enjoyed the pepperoni in a dish other than on pizza. I added a few fresh herbs and used our own homemade pizza sauce (instead of the jared sauce, tomato pasta and canned sauce). I also used whole wheat pasta and reduced fat cheeses to lightly up the dish. As an additional bonus for flavor I added 3 cloves of garlic and fresh button mushrooms. While the pasta cooked I sautéed up the green peppers, garlic, and mushrooms.
Jan 22, 2014
I thought this was fine but not special enough to save the recipe or make again.
Jul 21, 2013
Very good, the family loved it! Will be making it again. Thanks!!
Nov 13, 2009
I really enjoyed this recipe! the sauce is great, I also added a little garlic and basil.
Feb 1, 2009
Mmmmm really good. All the sauce is really good in it too, it's not too liquid or anything. Smells great baking; smells like pizza!
Jan 18, 2009
I have a question? Why do I need spaghatt sauce, tomato sauce and tomato paste?Katts
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.