Chili Dog Baked Potatoes
These chili dogs are nestled in baked potatoes for a delicious and satisfying meal. They're perfect for a barbecue, but they're just as tasty any time of year! —Anna Miller, Churdan, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 hot dogs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped onion
- Crushed corn chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Bake until tender, 50-75 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in water, ketchup and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened, 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook hot dogs according to package directions.
- With a sharp knife, cut an "X" in each potato. Fluff pulp with a fork. If desired, season with additional salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet. Place a hot dog on each potato. Spoon beef mixture over hot dogs; sprinkle with cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped onion and if desired, corn chips.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed potato: 689 calories, 28g fat (12g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 1132mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 9g fiber), 38g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.