Mashed Potato-Topped Hot Dogs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 hot dogs
- 1-1/3 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 2 slices process American cheese, cut into quarters
- Salsa and chopped green onions
- Make a lengthwise cut three-fourths of the way through each hot dog. Open hot dogs and place cut side up on a baking sheet. Top with mashed potatoes and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Spread with salsa and sprinkle with onions.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 506 calories, 38g fat (18g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 1589mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 30, 2012
teenagers love them!
Dec 28, 2008
This has been a family favorite since I was a kid. I now cook for my family...but we top with a white gravy and cheese instead of salsa. I'm going to try the salsa topping.