- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Baked potatoes
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, beans, sugar and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Serve with potatoes.
1/2 cup: 159 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.