Ranch Potato Casserole
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 6 to 8 medium red potatoes (about 2 to 2-1/2 pounds), peeled and quarterered
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup prepared ranch-style dressing
- 1/4 cup bacon bits or crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups coarsely crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 10-20 minutes. Drain.
- Combine the sour cream, dressing, bacon, parsley and 1 cup cheese. Place potatoes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour sour cream mixture over potatoes and gently toss. Top with 1/2 cup of cheese. Combine cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 329 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 481mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 6, 2017
Feb 20, 2015
Sounds great! Wouldn't chopped chicken be great in it, too? A meal in one.
Feb 20, 2015
This is delicious! I had left over baked potatoes and used them in place of the reds and added a chopped medium onion. I also doubled the ranch dressing and sour cream for a creamer casserole.
Aug 3, 2014
This was pretty good. I think I'll try the topping next time with Ritz crackers, or maybe crushed potato chips for added potato/salty taste. I'll make this again.
Jun 29, 2014
We have a real winner here! My husband and I both just loved it. Next time I'll make extra and take to my daughter. The bacon is a great addition and my entire family are ranch addicts, so what's not to like?
Jun 16, 2014
A delicious change of pace from my usual potato casserole. My family doesn't like a topping on potato casseroles so I left off the corn flakes and butter.
May 22, 2014
I've made this for several cook outs and parties and everybody just loved this! I think I always add a little extra Ranch dressing to this than what's called for but hey...It's Ranch dressing for petes sakes and who doesn't like Ranch dressing? Try it for your next gathering or simply for your evening meal at home. Your family will be glad you did!
Aug 31, 2013
This was very tasty and easy to prepare! I would prepare this again as a side dish - with the addition of a meat it could be a main dish. I made two substitutions to accommodate what I had on hand: in place of sour cream I used a little more ranch and some milk; in place of the corn flakes I used crushed tortilla chips. Good recipe!
Sep 14, 2012
Every liked this recipe. I used large potatoes instead of medium, so decided to double the other ingredients to make more sauce, which made the dish a little more creamy than pictured. Also very good a few days later as leftovers.
Mar 22, 2012
My family really liked this. I think next time I'll cut the cornflake topping in half, though. It reminds me of stuffed baked potatoes but in a casserole.