Mexican Roasted Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 8 cups)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper or 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place potatoes in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and the pepper. Toss to coat. Roast until tender, 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, mix potatoes, beans, chiles and cilantro. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, chipotle pepper, cumin, garlic powder and remaining salt. Pour dressing over potato mixture; toss to coat. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 334 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 588mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 6g fiber), 6g protein.
Sep 19, 2017
I made the recipe as it was written today. Like other reviews, I didn't need all of the dressing, but I like the flavor so I'm going to add some pickled jalapenos (and maybe a little of the jalapeno juice) to the leftover dressing and use it as a quesadilla sauce. Next time I make it, I might add some diced onion to it. Maybe a little ranch seasonings. This is a pretty good base recipe, there is a lot you can do with it!
Nov 7, 2016
We added more cilantro and didnt have the can of the chili peppers. So we added extra chili powder and it turned out amazing trying it today the way its suppose to be. With extra cilantro.
Aug 23, 2014
Very good. Easy to assemble. Didn't use all the dressing. Nice alternative to rice and beans for a Mexican themed meal.
Aug 17, 2014
I made this for dinner last Sunday. I made it according to directions and enjoyed every bite as did my unexpected company. Only thing is, I only used about 2/3 of the dressing , which was plenty. Delicious...
Apr 20, 2014
Thank you for a really good side dish for when I cook a South of the border meal! My husband loves this. He then eats the left overs in a breakfast burrito or alone with eggs. I enjoyed the flavors of this dish a lot.