Chipotle Sweet Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces (about 7 cups)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped seeded fresh poblano pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place sweet potatoes in a parchment-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan; cover tightly with foil. Roast until tender, 25-30 minutes. Cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add onion, celery, poblano and jalapeno. Combine mayonnaise, lime juice, chipotle pepper, salt and pepper; pour over potato mixture and toss gently to coat. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Test Kitchen tips
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 322 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 28, 2019
Absolutely fantastic! The potatoes cooked perfectly using this method.
Jul 23, 2019
Super delicious, a little heat, went perfect with Cuban sandwiches
Jun 4, 2019
Jun 4, 2019
Jun 1, 2019
This is a great twist on a classic potato salad. I love the sweet and spicy combo..