Jalapeno Potato Salad
Field editor Sarah Woodruff of Watertown, South Dakota puts a zippy spin on potato salad. It's perfect for a picnic!
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 6 medium red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 small jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 3 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool to room temperature.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the potatoes, celery, eggs, onion and jalapenos.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, hot pepper sauce, cumin and pepper. Pour over potato mixture and toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Originally published as Jalapeno Potato Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2005