Baked Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 4-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 envelopes Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with oil and dressing mixes. Place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 45 minutes or until tender. Cool. Transfer to a large bowl; add peppers, onions, tomatoes, eggs and bacon. Toss gently.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad and stir gently. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 239 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 384mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 7, 2012
I've gotten requests for this recipe from friends. The Italian salad dressing makes this great. I don't add the tomatoes and only add one pepper - if at all. (For crunch I will add celery). Extra bacon is always good.
Aug 18, 2011
I'm sorry to say my family did not like this recipe. We ended up tossing it out. Needless to say I won't be making this again. However the potatoes roasted with the italian dressing and olive oil are tasty. I do make just the roasted potatoes as a side dish minus all the extra indgredients.
Jul 28, 2011
This was good, but maybe a little too different for my taste. My family thought it was good but didn't rave about it. I think it's just too many flavors to consider it a potato salad. For all that goes into it, I probably won't make again.
Jun 18, 2011
This is my favorite potato salad recipe. The only change I made was to add fresh garlic
Sep 24, 2010
This is a different taste for potato salad and will probably make again but it may not be my traditional recipe that I usually make.
Jul 16, 2010
My husband loved this salad, it was a great change from plain potato salad. Definetely a keeper!
Jul 7, 2010
Everybody raved about the salad. Roasting the potatoes gave it a much bolder potato taste. They were looking for more at the next party!!
Jul 5, 2010
I took this to a family party and it was voted a make again. I didn't have 40 min. to cook it so I micro-waved it for 5 min. and then baked it for 20 min. and I didn't have tomatoes, but otherwise followed the recipe.
Jul 5, 2010
Awesome!! Only things I did different was to use fresh basil (more) and no tomatoes. It's a keeper. Everyone loved it at our 4th of July cook out!
Jul 5, 2010
This potato salad has some unique twists from typical potato salad - it is a great recipe untouched. I use red potatos and enjoy it even more with extra egg and double the bacon. Thanks for sharing!