Grated Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 6 cups grated peeled cooked potatoes
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, eggs and celery. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sugar, milk, vinegar, salt and mustard. Pour over potato mixture; stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 351 calories, 21g fat (4g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Jun 20, 2019
This was very good. I now make it using frozen shredded potatoes. I steam them right in the bag, by poking holes in it and cooking until they are hot. Way easier! I also add onions! We love onions!
Jan 2, 2019
This potato salad is delicious. It is on the sweet side, but I like that. I didn't grate the potatoes, but diced them into small pieces. Excellent!
Feb 2, 2014
This made at every family gathering, and someone always asks me for the recipe.
Mar 7, 2011
Just wondering how others cook the potatoes and if they let them cool before grating.
Jan 2, 2011
My family loves this recipe. My husband says there is no need to make a meat dish since this is all we really want anyway.