Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, celery, onion and relish. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, celery seed and pepper. Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Top with eggs and sprinkle with paprika.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda no-calorie sweetener.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 163 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 582mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
May 30, 2018
So good, I added 1 extra celery rib & substituted 1/3 cup gerkin sweet pickles chopped up in place of the relish then added a small amount of pickle juice. Great recipe!
Jan 19, 2016
This was a great. I didn't have sweet relish so added dill relish and a teaspoon of horseradish. I also mixed in the eggs. Even those who don't care for potato salad raved about it.
Jul 21, 2014
Didn't like the pickle relish in it; otherwise, it was OK
Jul 12, 2014
Even my husband liked this potato salad and he is very picky.
Jun 28, 2014
The way my mom always made it with the exception of twice as many boiled eggs and dill relish. Made it tonight her way and it was fabulous. Thanks for reminding me that Southern is the best Potato Salad!
Jun 26, 2014
This is the same recipe I have used for years. Got it from my Mom. Love it!
Sep 15, 2013
This potato salad is pretty good. Standard potluck dish.
Aug 13, 2013
just made this potato salad and could not wait to review it. it is simply the best potato salad I have ever had! Only change was I incorporated the hard boiled eggs in with the potato salad. So yummy!
Jun 28, 2013
Love the basic principal of the recipe. I omitted the pickle relish and egg. In place of mayo I used greek yogurt with 2T sour cream. I also added a touch of cayenne pepper and sea salt. Overall this is a tasty recipe and fun to place with.
May 10, 2013
Very tasty! My husband even enjoyed it and his picky about his potato salad.