Potato Salad for One
When I became a widower, I took to heart the challenge of learning to cook just for myself. I now have a growing collection of wonderful single-serving recipes. This potato salad is delicious and a snap to prepare for even the newest cook.—Ray Klinge, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons diced pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 medium baking potato, cooked, peeled and cubed
- In a small bowl, combine the Miracle Whip, celery, onion, relish, pimientos, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. Add potato and toss to coat. Chill for 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 603 calories, 45g fat (6g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 724mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Potato Salad for One in Taste of Home December/January 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.