French Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + standing
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled, cooked and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon or 1 to 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes and onion. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, tarragon, chives, salt and pepper; shake well. Pour over potato mixture and gently toss to coat. Let stand 1 hour. Serve at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 198 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 20, 2012
Delicious, and a hit at a dinner party among people who expected a mayonnaise-based salad when I said "potato salad"! I let it sit for several hours after adding the dressing, and I think the longer you can let it soak into the potatoes, the better.