Poached Salmon with Dill Sauce
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- In a large nonstick skillet, combine the water, wine, onion and celery. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add salmon and poach, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until fish is firm and flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with salmon.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 239 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 12, 2011
I had never poached fish before, but this was very easy and tasty. Found it a little strange that the sauce was cold--more like a tartar sauce maybe? But it was very tasty and I will make it again.